Here’s a great video on the glycemic index. In this video you’ll learn:
- How the glycemic index of the foods you eat can play an important role in the fluctuations in your blood sugar.
- What the glycemic index measures and why this is important for type 2 diabetes.
- How foods with a high glycemic index affect insulin, and why they leave you feeling hungry faster than low glycemic index foods.
- How sugar has a glycemic index of 100, while low glycemic index foods like kidney beans have a glycemic of 27 and why this is important.
- How replacing foods with a high glycemic index rating with foods that have a low glycemic index can naturally control your blood sugar.